Caramelized Red Onion and Goats Cheese Frittata
Frittatas are a good throw-together meal. Substitute the goats cheese for feta if you like.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
Preheat grill to high
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon groundnut oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 large free-range eggs
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- 100g Goats cheese
- Large handful rocket leaves
- 1 ready-cooked beetroot, diced
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Add the oil to the pan with the onions and sweat on a low – medium heat with the lid on for about 10 minutes or until they begin to soften and brown a little at the edges.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork, add black pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and cook for a further 5 – 6 minutes, until the eggs are almost set.
- Break the goats cheese into rough chunks and dot over the top.
- Place the frittata under the hot grill for 3 minutes, then shake to check that the egg is set firm while the cheese is soft and bubbling. Pop it back under the grill for another minute or so if needed.
Serve topped with rocket, beetroot and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.