This is a fantastic way to prepare baby new potatoes; the vibrant spices will give your taste buds a wake-up call.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian
You will need:
- 250g baby new potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil in a medium non-stick pan over a medium heat, and add all of the spices. Stir thoroughly to coat them with all with the oil; the spices will crackle and pop but don’t worry. Leave to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain the potatoes and add them straight to the pan with the spices. Stir well, so that the spices cover the potatoes completely.
Sprinkle with the coriander and serve immediately.
For a quick, tasty super, cut some firm tofu into bite-sized cubes, stir-fry in a teaspoon of oil, and mix through with the leftover potatoes. Add a handful of cherry tomatoes and some chopped spinach.